Operating System - HP-UX
1752677 Members
5391 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: net-snmp or ucd-snmp compiled for HP-UX 11.23 (Itanium)

SOLVED
Go to solution
compiler
Frequent Advisor

net-snmp or ucd-snmp compiled for HP-UX 11.23 (Itanium)

Hi.

I'm looking for net-snmp / ucd-snmp binaries for HP-UX 11.23 (Itanium processor).

My customer does not allow me to install development packages to compile net-snmp from source, and I can't find a pre-compiled package in Internet. I've read also about Internet Express, but net-snmp from that package is suposed to don't have hrresources enabled.

I need net-snmp / ucd-snmp for "advanced" monitoring, and I don't have any aditional HP-UX 11.23 machines to compile sources and move binaries to the customer machine.

the net-snmp delivered with Internet Express does NOT have the hrresrouces compiled. If you want the hrresources ( common location for CPU, MEM, Disk etc.. ) you need to recompile net-snmp to include it.

Do you have any idea of where could I download net-snmp / ucd-snmp compiled for HP-UX 11.23 (Itanium)?

If that's not possible ... does allow the snmp agent included in 11.23 to get data about memory, disks, cpu, sending traps...

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Jati Setiawan
Solution

Hi Compiler,

I downloaded a few days ago the Net-SNMP package for 11iv2 from Internet Express and it does gives me CPU, RAM, and disks statistics with no problem.

One piece that I'm really looking for but missing is the ucd-snmp/diskio module, which I find out later it's indeed not yet supported for HPUX platform anyway.

Regards,
Jati
compiler
Frequent Advisor

Hi.

We finally installed the same version than you and noticed that HRESOURCES (disk, cpu, and so) whas available for polling (although I read lots of threads telling that was not available).

Anyway, thanks for your answer.
compiler
Frequent Advisor

Internet Express' NET-SNMP finally really included all the features I needed.