Operating System - HP-UX
1753755 Members
4936 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

netstat -p tcp --> retransmitted, delayed -, packets received after close - very high

ManojK_1
Valued Contributor

netstat -p tcp --> retransmitted, delayed -, packets received after close - very high

Hi,

I have rebooted my server 24 Hours back.

In "netstat -p tcp" high value for retransmitted, delayed, duplicate acks, drops etc...

I think these values are abnormal and there is some issue in network.

What is the best tool to monitor, identify bottleneck in network.
OS --> HP Unix 11.31
DB --> Oracle 10gr2 RACK

Manoj K
Thanks and Regards,
Manoj K
3 REPLIES 3
ManojK_1
Valued Contributor

Re: netstat -p tcp --> retransmitted, delayed -, packets received after close - very high

Please find the attachment, which is having the netstat -s output.
Thanks and Regards,
Manoj K
Ismail Azad
Esteemed Contributor

Re: netstat -p tcp --> retransmitted, delayed -, packets received after close - very high

Hi Manoj,

I will give you a suggestion... remember only a suggestion, you can use an "analyzer" called as wireshark which runs on HPUX, OS X, Free BSD... It is available with the HP internet express media.

This utility allows you to follow the TCP stream and also analyzes the entire "conversation" of the network. It can be browsed via GUI as well. Hope this helps.

Regards
Ismail Azad
Read, read and read... Then read again until you read "between the lines".....
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you're into wireshark, you don't need to install x for it. there is a tool called tcpdump, save its output to a file, download it to a windows desktop and analyze it with wireshark in graphics mode. tcpdump for hp-ux can be downloaded from here:

hpux.connect.org.uk/
Unix operates with beer.