2571 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: npar

khilari
Regular Advisor

npar

hi guys, i have a superdome with 3 npars on it. When i do:
#)ioscan -fnC processor they all show me 20 processors... What command should i use to differentiate which processors out of 20 each npar is using on the bus level.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

Take a look at icapstatus or parstatus.
Vivek Bhatia
Trusted Contributor

Hi Khiladi,

First of all,When you run ioscan -fnC processor you will the see processors which are assigned to the NPAR you are logged in.

So if you can see 20 processors in ioscan command then they belong to that NPAR only.

Regards,
Vivek

khilari
Regular Advisor

can i restore an npar from a superdome which had 20 processors to a RP8400 which has 12 processors....
I mean if that RP8400 had 20 processors and fulfilled other hardware specification like memory etc... Can a ignite tape from an npar from a superdome work on a RP8400???
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

I think your confusing dual core processors with single core.

a) From ioscan you see only one npar's set of cpus

b) use parstatus to verify this information

Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

> can i restore an npar from a superdome which had 20 processors to a RP8400 which has 12 processors....

The Ignite restore doesn't depend on processors. You can restore it to an nPar with only 2 processors.

> I mean if that RP8400 had 20 processors and fulfilled other hardware specification like memory etc... Can a ignite tape from an npar from a superdome work on a RP8400???

CPU count and memory do not have to match. The partition should boot OK.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin