108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ps2pdf - error 109 when opening with Acrobat Reader

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jens Ebert
Frequent Advisor

ps2pdf - error 109 when opening with Acrobat Reader

I just installed ghostscript 6.51 from the UX-Porting Centre on our HP-UX 11.0 system (after installation of zlib 1.14 and libpng 1.2.3). PDF files generated with ps2pdf look like PDF, but upon opening with Acrobat Reader I get error 109 (error while opening document).

Any idea what is wrong?

The same version of ghostscript on Suse Linux works fine on the same PS-files.
14 REPLIES 14
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

Error 109 Stack Size

Increase maxssiz maxdsiz on your machine and reboot.

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Jens Ebert
Frequent Advisor

Sorry for the incomplete description: I get error 109 when opening the PDF file (generated by ps2pdf on HP-UX 11.0) with the Acrobat Reader on Windows. So AR seems to be complaining about the internal structure of the PDF file.
Mark Landin
Valued Contributor

I'm having the same problem, so I'm watching this thread with interest. :) I too am running GS 6.51 on 11i.

TIAW Wee Lim
Occasional Advisor

I have the similar setup and facing the same problem like urs, zlib1.1.4, libpng1.2.3, hpux11.0 ghostscript6.51 & fonts and a2ps4.13

any solutions to it is very much appreciated!

regards,
wee lim
Jens Ebert
Frequent Advisor

Some out there who was successfull getting ghostscript 6.51 to work on HP-UX 11.0??
Right now I only get responses from people who face the same problem ...
I use ps2pdf on Linux right now, but this should not be the answer.
Mark Landin
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I have no answers right now. I even emailed the person listed in the HPUX.Install file that came with the GS 6.51 depot, but have not gotten a response.

If I get any reply, I'll remember to come over here and let you know what I hear.
TIAW Wee Lim
Occasional Advisor

Guys,

I have found out a solution to this issue. Please try to use gs-5.10, instead of the ghostscript6.51.

You may download it from http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/PostScript/gs-5.10/

In case you are on hpux11.0 like I do, you may install version6 fonts for the gs-5.10, just rememeber to set your env.variable to point to the correct search path. Here's the example:
# ghostsciprt 5.10
GS_LIB=/usr/local/lib
GS_FONTPATH=/opt/gs_f_std-5.10/fonts:/opt/gs_f_other-5.10/fonts
GS_LIB_DEFAULT=/opt/gs-5.10/share/ghostscript/5.10

Other components are still the same, zlib1.1.4 & libpng1.2.3

Try it out and let me know the result.

Regards,
Wee Lim
tiaw.wee.lim@i-stt.com
Mark Landin
Valued Contributor

I received some email from a one of the people who do put together the software for the SPAC. He said:

- he didn't do Ghostscript 6.51, but he is going to do 7.0.5 now.
- they don't have an 11.11 system to test with ... they assume that if it works on 11.0, it works on 11.11 (obviously that's not true)

So, I told him what the issues were and that there were a couple of us having them. I told him I'd be happy to test any packages he had on my 11i system since he doesn't have one (I also hinted that they should get one!)

Hopefully this will bring some kind of positive resolution to our problem in the near future.
TIAW Wee Lim
Occasional Advisor

Hi Mark,

Have you tried to use gs-5.10 instead? It works fine in my Hpux11.0 box.

I know that it is an older version of software, but if it is working and you might want to consider it be a workaround before you get your gs-7.x version to work on your Hpux11i box.

Regards,
WeeLim