3634 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: question about account

subhashni
Regular Advisor

question about account

Hi

Can you please let me know what does the below output implies regarding "accountname" expiration date and time.
Thanks Much

accountname PS 08/21/10 91 7
unix4me
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

PS means that the account is password protected.

08/21/10 means the account will expire on that day.

91 means it will expire every 91 days.

7 means that you will be warned the password will expire 7 days prior to its expiration.
subhashni
Regular Advisor

Patrick -

Thank you for the input. Is the date implies the expiration date or the date the passwd was last changed?

Thanks Again
unix4me
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>Is the date implies the expiration date or the date the passwd was last changed

From my previous reply:

08/21/10 means the account will ***expire*** on that day.
subhashni
Regular Advisor

patrick -

I have a user say accountname - passwd detail is as i gave above - they would like to know when the passwd will expire date/time?

is it possible to extract this info using any option - or they should calculate as the info you mentioned in the last post.is there a way to find out when the system will trigger the passwd expiration message

Thanks Patrick
unix4me
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Is the date implies the expiration date or the date the password was last changed?

logins(1m) -x says the date it was last changed. (Was that the command you used?)

>Is there a way to find out when the system will trigger the password expiration message

Is the system trusted? You won't get a warning using the default.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

logins(1m) -a will tell you when it expires but that's only available for trusted.
Otherwise you get: -1 000000

So 08/21/10 91 7 means:
Reset on Aug 21, 13 weeks until it expires and 7 days is the minimum days between changes.

Note: Unless you have trusted, you won't see "08/21/10", since that's not a Wed or Thu.