7298 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rc script required to shutdown Websphere

jaivinder
Frequent Advisor

rc script required to shutdown Websphere

Hi Gurus,

Recently we got a request from the user asking us to created a rc script for the WebSphere MQ servers so the MQ servers will shut down cleanly when these UNIX boxes are brought down.
The box model is rp3440 and running on HPUX 11iV2.Can anybody help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance
Jaivinder

7 REPLIES 7
Rahul Tiwari
Advisor

HI Jaivender ,

endmqm -i , put this in one of the rc script and you are done.
Rahul Tiwari
Advisor

use dspmq before that for displaying the qmanager and then use normal process of adding a shutdown script to rc.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

Use the '/sbin/init.d/template' as the starting point for the startup and shutdown commands you will need to run.

The excellent, still valid whitepaper will provide the information you need to understand the HP-UX startup/showdown 'rc' script process:

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/934/startup.pdf

The manpages for 'rc(1M)' are another source of the bulk of this information:

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/B3921-60631/rc.1M.html

Regards!

...JRF...
jaivinder
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I have just got the requirement. I need a rc script to run in run level 3. It should call the /opt/mqm/bin/mq_qm_rc_script with start option, and the kill rc script should be executed in run level 2, and it should be done calling the /opt/mqm/bin/mq_qm_rc_script with stop option. Please help us so that we can prepare the rc scripts for startup and stop of the Websphere MQ.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I need a rc script to run in run level 3. It should call the /opt/mqm/bin/mq_qm_rc_script with start option, and the kill rc script should be executed in run level 2 ...

With this info and JRF's URLs, you have everything you need.

You first have to decide on the name of you script and the name of the two symlinks (S* & K*) and rc directories.

You should be able to just copy /sbin/init.d/template and plunk in "/opt/mqm/bin/mq_qm_rc_script $1" in two places.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>plunk in "/opt/mqm/bin/mq_qm_rc_script $1" in two places.

Right after:
# Execute the commands to start your subsystem
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

You also need to create file /etc/rc.config.d/mqm which will be similar other /etc/rc.config/files for start and shutdown control.

Meanwhile, the start file and shutdown file in rc2.d and rc3.d, it is better you have the sum of the numbers to be 1000. Not enforced but mentioned in some sort textbook.