5412 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: remsh hangs

spearsy456
Advisor

Tingli,

Very true, unfortunately our network monitoring would throw up some pretty big alarm bells if a port were to open or close.
This can only take place through very strict change control, during an even smaller application downtime window :(
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

From the readings, I suspect it could be firewall issue.

You said, NLCREL03 to CHOMSL19 is timed out; but at the same time, CHOMSL19 can talk to NLCREL03.

It looks like only uni-directional connection. How about the ping response or traceroute output from both systems? Traceroute output would be the best option, you can find, where it is dropping.
Regards
Shibin
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> From the readings, I suspect it could be
> firewall issue.

Hmmm. You must be as foolish as I must be.

> [...] i thought this was a forum and not an
> English grammar class.

So, is your complaint that I provided no
useful information or too much? ("I", by the
way.)

I can hardly wait to learn what the real
problem (or "issue") was. Please be sure to
report back when it's discovered. Thanks.
Gordon Sjodin
Frequent Advisor

Are the hosts files all current?
spearsy456
Advisor

Shibin/Gordon

Thanks for your post's,

traceroute is successful on both system's from source to destination. we have dedicated security tools that run ICMP test request's so if a weekend change were to be implemented which stopped ICMP from source to destination we would be notifed immediately via ITO.

and obviously with a successful traceroute and the fact our firewall's allow ICMP, ping result's in a round trip completion on both NLCREL03 & NLCRLE04 to CHOMSL19.

Yep hosts,inted.sec,hosts.equiv & .rhosts are consistant and correct across all system's.
we use opsware to push the file pack's, once on they never get changed per location we build (plus im one of 3 people that has triple checked them to make sure all is well)

(due to the nature of our business i cannot post any iternal details, which i appreciate can make problem's harder to diagnose,)

But suggestions are very welcome

Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

spearsy456
Advisor

comment abuse from other member
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

More free advice: