New Discussion юеВ

Re: replacing heartbeat LAN adapter & MC SG

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

replacing heartbeat LAN adapter & MC SG

Hi guys,

do I need to reflect the new MAC address somehow in configuration of serviceguards? As I have replaced the heartbeat lan (therefore I have new MAC now) and I really wouldn't like to run into any troubles when I rejoin the cluster

thanks and regards

4 REPLIES 4
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

If this is a fairly recent version of SG, and the lan you hav ereplaced is not the only heartbeat lan, then the node should rejoin the cluster fine.
All you do then is do an on-line cmapplyconf using your cluster ascii file, it will then correct the MAC address.
to verify you can look at the output of cmviewconf
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

No. As long as the IP address and subnet mask are the same as the old, you are fine.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

Because of crucial timing in the cluster formation, the heartbeat functionality uses a low level protocol; No tcp/ip sockets are used. You really need to inform the cluster of the change. I think the procedure that Melwyn described is correct.

Grtz
Matthew Ghofrani
Regular Advisor

Watch out for the file /etc/rc.config.d/hpbtlanconf and make sure your entry matches after the card replacement. For example
HP_BTLAN_INTERFACE_NAME[4]=lan4
HP_BTLAN_STATION_ADDRESS[4]=
HP_BTLAN_SPEED[4]=100FD

In this case its is 100 Base-T with Full and auto= OFF.

Just check the file for double assurance as I have seen it to go back to original default.

Matthew from Boston
Life is full of bugs