108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

restarting the system

SOLVED
Go to solution
arun khatwani
Frequent Advisor

restarting the system

If i halt the system with the command shutdown -ht now and i want to restart the system so should i use pc or pe command and power on the system or rs(reset) command please provide your suggestions
4 REPLIES 4
arun khatwani
Frequent Advisor

Re: restarting the system

If i halt the system with the command shutdown -hy now and then again i have to start the system after some time so should i use pc 0r pe command then power on yes to start the system or rs (reset) command to start the system.
Avinash20
Honored Contributor
Solution

MP > CM > PC .. ON
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
cramkumar
Occasional Visitor

Normally from console ==> MP>cm ==>you can give pe it will ask ? Then type on . To poweron the system.
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Hi Arun,

Both PC or PE commands are almost doing the same function whereas these commands are model specific.

PC is to control the power.This command allows the user to switch the system power ON or OFF and equivalent to turning the system power off at the front panel switch.

PE is to enable the power and available on high end servers. Using this you can power enable/disable individual components like cell/cabinet/chassis/etc.

RS is to power recycle the box. It will power reset signal to all the hardwares.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.