108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: roll abck the patches

SOLVED
Go to solution
gany59
Regular Advisor

roll abck the patches

how we remove the specific patches or packages from the software depot. say like /var/depot.And how to install the packages from other server using the SD-UX utility. Please let me know .. Thxs in advance .. Points is assured
14 REPLIES 14
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

You can remove SD-installed software with 'swremove'. Assuming that you have not commited a patch (which removes roll-back information) and/or not installed a patch without leaving roll-back information, the prior patch will be installed.

NEVER, manually munge with file in '/var/adm/sw'. To do so will likely lead to its corruption and you will not be able to patch or add or remove products again.

You can copy software depots from one server to another and/or use 'swinstall' with a remote depot.

Regards!

...JRF...
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

> how we remove the specific patches or packages from the software depot. say like /var/depot.

swremove -d

will remove things from a depot.

Pete

Pete
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

If you mean to operate on a depot (as Pete interpreted) then be sure to specify the depot with the '-d' switch as he noted. I assumed (naughty me) that you meant the standard IPD (Installation Product Database).

Regards!

...JRF...
gany59
Regular Advisor

hi

so the syntax will be swremove -d @ /var/depot/patch name or package name.... right ?
pls let me know..
gany59
Regular Advisor

For installing the packages from another server may i know the syntax.... what i have to perform.
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If I read the subject "roll back the patches", I understand that you need to uninstall a patch and need the previous state.

But the answer for your question is,

1. how we remove the specific patches or packages from the software depot. say like /var/depot.

you may check the content

swlist -d @ /var/depot

Now to remove.

swremove ├в d ├в x enforce_dependencies=false PHKL_XXXX @ /var/depot

nd how to install the packages from other server using the SD-UX utility.

#swinstall -s server:/var/depot package

This is simple command. You may need to consider the reboot, product dependnecy also.

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Forgot to tell you, your depot is a registered one.

Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
gany59
Regular Advisor

hi
ok saroj,Thxs for ur response, as per the above command , i.e for e.g if i want to roll back the ignite from the depot . what command i hane to perform.
Nido
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

>>>>if i want to roll back the ignite from the depot . what command i hane to perform.

Do you want to have lower version of Ignite-UX then the current one?
If yes, remove the current Ignite-UX running and install the new version.

Make sure you're taking backup of INDEX files and other configuration files before removing the current version of Ignite-UX.

hth

" Let Villagers Be Happy!! "