1752800 Members
5454 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rp4440 bad disk

bagek
Frequent Advisor

rp4440 bad disk

i have a rp4440 11i. i have an external ds2300 enclosure with 14 36GB drives. i have vg01, vg02 and vg03 are split on the enclosure. when i boot my system does not reconize vg02. the system claims all LV's. the enclosure is split between 2 smartarray 6402 controllers. when i run sautil in the logical drive summary it reports ld 1 failed. however in the scsi device summary it reports all drives with a status of OK. how do i determine which drive has failed? sautil also reports the LD's with raid 0 no fault tolerance. when hp setup the system i was told they were mirrored. any ideas? jim
3 REPLIES 3
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Re: rp4440 bad disk

Hi

This is regarding your data and disks..
I would rather log a case with HP. utilize if you have a valid support contract.

are the status LEDs of all disks are fine?

sautil also reports the LD's with raid 0 no fault tolerance. ==>

If yes , if there is a config mismatch, I would request you to log a case with HP.

by the way,

when i boot my system does not reconize vg02.
==> did you mean you are not able to activate the VG? If yes, what error messages are you getting?

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
bagek
Frequent Advisor

when i boot it gives me an error like vg02 not available or unrecognizable. i will write it down next time. the problem seems to be in ld 1 of the controller config. sautil reports it failed but it does not id the specific drive. last time this happened it pointed to a bad drive and it was replaced. i was not here then. is there a proceedure for replacing a bad drive like this? i have done this in the past on unix but only with software mirroring. thanks for your help. jim
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

This must be plug and play. Once you changed, array will reconfigure itself.
Regards
Shibin