4146 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: setld command options

Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

setld command options

Hi,

If i want to "force" install an already installed software, what is the option in "setld" ??
I think "-f" is the option for this ??
Specifically, can we use this "-f" option with sotwares installed with "-l" option ??

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
hai
4 REPLIES 4
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Try to remove the kit with -D, remove the files for the kit within /usr/.smdb. and reinstall the software....
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for that quick reply.
So, there is no option to "reinstall" the s/w in setld ??
We have this reinstall option in swinstall of HPUX

Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
hai
Mobeen_1
Esteemed Contributor

Ramesh,
I think the best is to uninstall the software and do a new install as if you are doing a new installation.

It also depends on what s/w u are installing. In some cases if i were you, i would even perform a reboot of deinstalling before attempting the install again

Our friend in my prior post has already given you the option to deinstall (which is -D)

Have fun :)

rgds
Mobeen
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

Remesh,

Brute force removal of a subset installation can be done by deleting the SUBSET001.lk and SUBSET001.sts of the named SUBSET001 in /usr/.smdb./** , without these files setld "thinks" SUBSET001 is not installed.

Well written software kits, preserve your customisation settings before deletion of the subset via "setld -d", and reuse the preserved parameters at the next installation.
(notice the lowercase '-d' for delete, uppercase '-D' is used for something else)

WARNING: do not use 'setld -d' or the brute force method for things installed by 'dupatch'.

Have fun,
Johan.

_JB_