Operating System - HP-UX
1752732 Members
6120 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: setting up Network printer on an Hp 9000 K-class servr

setting up Network printer on an Hp 9000 K-class servr

Hi

I have a HP 900 K-class server running HPUX 10.20. Last January I setup a HP 4550 N Color Laser Jet that is one of out network printer, and I was able to print Documents, Still I am able to print text documents. Last week I was trying to print some graphics for the Hp Openview , I am getting errors, like " child killed: segmentation violation, lp: standard input is empty, lp: request not accepted" First time when I setup the printer I did the setup through Jetadmin, now there is no jetadmin, available form HP. I think the new software is "hp print server ands network software" Any one know how to setup a color printer on an hp 9000 running HPUX 10.20. If so could you help me with this.

Thank you,

Ollakal

no personal quote
2 REPLIES 2
James_18
Valued Contributor

the new software is called the jetdirect printer installer for unix. It looks very, very similar to jetadmin. try this article on the hp web site for instructions:
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/networking/support_doc/bpj06284.html
Vibert Hart
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

It seems like you had set up the printer correctly the first time using jetadmin. If you have doubts about if jetadmin is still there then
I have added a network lazer printer with ease using jetadmin ensuring that I had given the printer a static IP address from the utility for NT.

Any
To see if jetadmin still exists
# ls /opt/hpnp/admin/jetadmin

to see if the printer is still configured use
# lpstat -v

you will see a listing.

If you have installed new printing software on your HP box, this may replace existing stuff
do a
# swlist to see what add-on software you may have added.

regards
Vibert
Sys Admin