cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slot info

navin
Super Advisor

slot info

Hi how can get slot info for a card or a disk in hpux.i ran cstm and selected device and did il ..but it does not include slot info
any idea
thanks
Learning ...
2 REPLIES
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Re: slot info

This is the weak part of of HP's hardware architecture in my opinion. Every little server model comes with its own scheme to convert the hardware address to a physical location. The best job hp did was with the N and L class servers, where they put a sticker next to the PCI chasis and the disk bays, showing which card belonged to which hardware path in the ioscan output. Since then, your best bet is to talk to your HP service rep and ask for this information on your server and model number(s).

Or you can post the same information here along with what you need to find out and I am sure someone here has the same model server who can help you.

Re: slot info

... or you could just run ioscan and "rad -q" or "olrad -q" (depending on OS version) and comapre vthe outputs to figure out the slot number the IO card is in in the system.

for internal disks, the manuals usually have this information, or you could go down the old tried and trusted route of running:

dd if=/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ of=/dev/null

for the disk in question, then go look at the front of the system and see which disk LED is going crazy!

HTH

Duncan

HTH

Duncan