New Discussion юеВ

Re: sudo build/configure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mauro Livi
Valued Contributor

sudo build/configure

Hi all,

I'm configuring a new installation of HP-UX 11.31 (Itanium) and have installed sudo from the HP-UX porting and archive center:

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Sysadmin/sudoтАЛ-1.8.9p1

I used the depothelper script to install all the necessary requirements and it installed fine as shown below.

# swlist -l product sudo
# Initializing...
# Contacting target "ragnar"...
#
# Target:  ragnar:/
#

sudo          1.8.9p1        sudo

In reading the /usr/local/doc items it is clear that sudo will not work out of the box and the sudoers file needs to be built/configured. Fine...in reading the INSTALL it says to run ./configure (in the source or build directory) and the script will do its part.

Problem is, I don't see a "configure" file in the build directory. I see that various sudo related items got installed in /usr/local, but I don't see the configure file it is talking about....so any idea how I build this thing?

I don't recall having to go through all this last time I installed sudo...but that was waaay back at 11.11...and I haven't done it since.

Thanks in advance

Mauro

3 REPLIES 3
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

That 'configure' message sounds like a generic README and doesn't apply to sudo.

Just run:

visudo

and add your entries.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Mauro Livi
Valued Contributor

Ok Bill, so you're thinking that I can just just start creating the sudoers file (visudo)?

Thanks

Mauro

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Correct. sudo is a simple program with just one config file: sudoers

Bill Hassell, sysadmin