HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
System Administration
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sudo strange error message "/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so:...."

Shukor
Frequent Advisor

sudo strange error message "/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so:...."

Hi experts,

My system info:
hpux ver-11.23
sudo ver-1.7.2p1
user created-admin(adm group)

I've encounter this error on one of the servers installed with sudo (other server working good). After user created, I configured visudo as attachment. after logon and try to issue any command, this strange error message come up;
"/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unsatisfied code symbol 'setegid' in load module '/usr/local/bin/sudo'. Killed"

Hence, really appricite if someone can advise on this.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: sudo strange error message "/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so:...."

> "/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unsatisfied code symbol 'setegid' in load module '/usr/local/bin/sudo'. Killed"

Your system is attempting to load all the shared libraries required by the sudo command, but failing to find a library that would supply the "setegid" functionality. At this point, the sudo command is killed even before it can really start. So the sudo configuration is not an issue here.

Perhaps you've accidentally installed a sudo package intended for HP-UX 11.31 onto your 11.23 system, or something like that?

From the version and pathname, I guess you got your sudo installation depot from this website:

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Sysadmin/sudo-1.7.2p1/

MK
MK
smatador
Honored Contributor

Hi,
If you install the same depot of sudo on two different server I hope you have the same os release on the two servers too.
You could try ldd /usr/local/bin/sudo to know which lib sudo access and better check the difference between them on the two server
ll /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so

You could also get sudo in the internet express
Sudo A.14.00-1.7.2p1.001
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUXIEXP1123
HTH
Shukor
Frequent Advisor

Hi Matti,

I used the same depot I installed on working server (11.23 system too).

Hi Smatador,

I'm downloading the new copy of sudo from the given link and will re-install this one.

Sick server:

# ll /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so
-r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 1066308 Jan 7 2009 /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so

$ sudo mkdir /test
/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unsatisfied code symbol 'setegid' in load module '/usr/local/bin/sudo'.
Killed

Working server:

# ll /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so
-r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 1066308 Jan 7 2009 /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so

$ /usr/local/bin/sudo mkdir /tests
$
smatador
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Well something is wrong with one of your server.
Could you post an ldd /usr/sbin/sudo
An idea is to get all lib that sudo want from the two server and compare with a command like
swlist -l file | grep
lib=libdl.so.1
Like that you could maybe see what is wrong.
HTH
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

> setegid ...

Known problem with the current version of sudo supplied by HP (and also at the HP-UX Porting Centre). setegid has been removed from 11.23 and later versions. The writers of sudo realized that this can be a problem and have an ifdef in the code to handle the missinbg system call but sudo 1.7.2p1 was buile incorrectly, this the error message. Get an earlier version from your IExpress DVD for 11.23 (I used the 2004 DVD for 1.6.7p5) and it will work just fine. Otherwise, you'll need to get the source code and build it with the correct options.

Here are the details: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1402767

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Shukor
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,

I re-install a new copy of sudo from below link (ia64-11.23) and my problem solved perfectly .

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/ftp/hpux/Sysadmin/sudo-1.7.2p1/

really appreciates your helps and time.