1751878 Members
5581 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: swa errors

catastro
Super Advisor

Hi bob. I used the -x option in order to force the use of my proxy server but keeps telling the same thing.
I downloaded manually the xml file and unzipped in my home directory but still tries to download the catalog, and fails in that.
I guess there is a way to download the catalog myself (I know it is not the way it is designed to work), unzip the file in some FS, and make the swa get that xml file.
The question now is where to unzip the file? In which directory in order for the swa to use it?
catastro
Super Advisor

Ok, I said nothing as I got the answer myself now.
After downloadin the catalog from https://ftp.itrc.hp.com/wpsl/bin/doc.pl/screen=wpslDownloadPatch/swa_catalog.xml.gz?PatchName=/export/patches/swa_catalog.xml.gz I have to put the file in the directory /root/.swa/cache, uncompress it with gzip -d <...> and execute the swa command and so it works fine.
I don't know why it does not download the catalog from the URL itself, and it has something to be with the proxy, any ideas of what could it be?
catastro
Super Advisor

Now everything is solved.
I was a dummies thing.
I didn't remember that we changed our proxy's ip to another one and I was trying to go through the old one, and so it could not download anything.
But manually works well, so another way of making it work.
Thanks to all for your help...