108789 Solutions
New Discussion

swinstall GUI session

SOLVED
Go to solution
billa07
Occasional Advisor

swinstall GUI session

How to change the default option "patch_match_target=false" to "True" in swinstall GUI .

I can t find any option on change editor diaolog tab.

3 REPLIES 3
RajUX
Advisor

Re: swinstall GUI session

This  option "patch_match_target=true" is not there in GUI.

This is needed when you have multiple versions of the patch and you need to select the latest patches that correspond to the softwares in the target needs to be selected.

Either you can specify the option via command line or select only required software in GUI. Normally this does not cause any issues from GUI. Please let me know what issue you face without this option in GUI.

billa07
Occasional Advisor

I would like to deselect some patches on QPK bundle , In this case If I invoke a GUI session then I can do deselect patches on QPk bundle ,  if the default option for "patch_match_target=false" then it should install all the patches that are available on depot right, Instead how can I enable "patch_match_target=true" that required only for target software on swinstall GUI.

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

You can always pass arguments to swinstall via the command line when invoking it.

For example, this will start the GUI and pass the patch_match_target=true argument to it.  When specifying options on the command line you also need to include the '-i' option to open the GUI in interactive mode.

# swinstall -x patch_match_target=true -i