1748129 Members
3761 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

swinstall disabling preinstall, postinstall scripts

bronecke

swinstall disabling preinstall, postinstall scripts

Hello everybody,
I need to install some sd-packages on our failover system.
During swinstall the postinstall script creates some objects in our database. Since this db ist not running all the time and there is actual no need to create objects due to archive logs, I was wondering if there is some switch where I can tell swinstall to not perfom any preinstall- or postinstall- script activities.
I read about defer_configure=true, but that disables only the configure part in swinstall.

I'm used to the RPM System where you can use the options -nopre, -nopost, -nopreun, nopostun or even no scripts at all.

I'll be glad for any hint, Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: swinstall disabling preinstall, postinstall scripts

I'm not aware of any option to do that.
If there is something that is adding entries to a database, then this should have been in a configure vs postinstall script.

You don't want to disable preinstall scripts.
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You could try to have a look inside that depot. Is it a tape depot? A tape depot has a tar format, you could try to untar it, and edit the PSF files and the post/preinstall scripts according to your needs. After that, an swpackage and voila' - you will have a tape depot tailored to your needs.
Unix operates with beer.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Viktor: you could try to untar it, and edit the PSF files and the post/preinstall scripts

If you are going to cheat like this, instead of tar, use swcopy to create your directory depot.