New Discussion юеВ

swinstall fails after IP address change

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

swinstall fails after IP address change

I have an HP-UX 11.23 Integrity server. swinstall fails with:

servername.domain.edu:/home/my_user/HP/krb5upd.depot": You do not have permission for this operation. The depot owner, system administrator, or alternate root owner may need to use the "swreg" or "swacl" command to give you permission. Or, to manage applications designed and packaged for nonprivileged mode, see the "run_as_superuser" option in the "sd" man page. ERROR: More information may be found in the daemon logfile on this target (default location is rx3000.ucsd.edu:/var/adm/sw/swagentd.log).

The swagentd.log references use the previous IP address, the IP address was changed in Feb 2010. I've looked at swreg and the default files but don't see where the host name is stored.

I'm running swinstall on the same node as the target and depot.
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
2 REPLIES 2
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: swinstall fails after IP address change

swagent caches the hostname and IP address when it starts. Just restart swagentd to update it:

/sbin/init.d/swagentd stop
/sbin/init.d/swagentd start

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Re: swinstall fails after IP address change

Issue resolved per Bill's reply.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net