1753437 Members
5098 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sysinfo script for HP_UX 11.23

Etienne Holm
Frequent Advisor

sysinfo script for HP_UX 11.23

There is a script (sysinfo) developed by HP that give a full report on the system. I have an HP_UX box and the script does not work for several commands. Does any one know where i can get a new version of this script that will work on HP_UX11.23.
6 REPLIES 6
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Etienne,

If i'm not mistaken that script was created for 10.20 :-)

If you have Ignite installed you could take a look at the print_manifest command or download a modern sysinfo from http://www.magnicomp.com/sysinfo/

Hope this helps,
Robert-Jan
Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

Download sysinfo 5.1.2 from,
http://www.magnicomp.com/cgi-bin/mcdownload.cgi

it is support 11iv2.

HTH.
Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

I don't know where you can get an updated script but maybe if you posted the failing commands here, the forumers could figure out how to fix them.

For example, I expect that one of the commands you're having trouble with is the one that is so supposed to display how much memory you have. It probably has something like "$(echo "${MYSYMBOL}/D" | adb $HPUX /dev/kmem" and it should be "echo "${MYSYMBOL}/jd" | adb $HPUX /dev/kmem".

Pete

Pete
Etienne Holm
Frequent Advisor

Muthukumar
I have downloaded the script and attempted to install it

I get the following errors

Extractin data /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: unable to find library 'libbz2.so

{script}[490] ./setup: not found
program returned error 127

Can you give me some pointers here
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Etienne,

The sysinfo.sh script is a tool designed to scan an HP-UX system looking for common configuration problems. A report is also generated listing the system configuration. This report can be displayed on the user's screen(default), sent to a text file (-ab options) or sent to an HTML formatted file (-aH options). Please use the -ab options to get a text output report generated in /tmp/sysinfo_"hostname"_"date". To install, gunzip the SysInfo.3.15.depot.gz file, then swinstall. If you swinstall from the command line on an HPUX 11.x system, you can use the '-x ask=true' option and the install will prompt you to enter the contents of system_db. For example:

swinstall -s /tmp/SysInfo.3.15.depot ├в x ask=true \*

If you're swinstall'ing in interactive mode or from the GUI, you'll need to run /usr/bin/confSysInfo after the installation has completed. If you have previously installed SysInfo manually (i.e. you used the install script rather than swinstall), it is recommended that, prior to installing this depot, you remove all versions of SysInfo from your system, including all associated files (e.g. getsn, xpinfo, instSysinfo, confSysinfo, inquiry256, sched.models, etc.) For more information, after the installation, run: man SysInfo This takes approximately 5 minutes to execute.

Hope this helps,

Dav
Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

need a full system report?
How about Cfg2Html?? It'll give you more detail about your system than you'll ever need.

http://come.to/cfg2html

regards,
Thierry.
All unix flavours are exactly the same . . . . . . . . . . for end users anyway.