New Discussion юеВ

Re: system hangs on "Checking for crash dump"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

Just to reply to the previous reply:
- V5.1B PK5 isn't shipping yet. I also see no reason why it would fix the problem described in this topic.
- The ERP mentioned is related to a VM fix for a panic. Again, no reason why it would fix this problem.

I would go with the advise given by Johan. Since you mentioned that other steps after "savecore" also fail, it wouldn't surprise me if you have a problem with one of the file systems (e.g. /var).
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

Oops. reply-collision. Seems like Johan and I agree... again.
Qing Zhu
Advisor

Thanks guys for all your help, problem solved.
sh -x /sbin/init.d/savcore is OK.
sh -x /sbin/init.d/paging hangs up on "/usr/bin/X11/xfs start" in the rc.config file, I commented this line out and system boots up. The usage of xfs here is wrong which caused the problem.

Thanks,
Qing
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

Hm... Interesting. None of my files in /sbin/init.d/ have an xfs command in them. And certainly not the paging command. Also one of the first lines in "paging" is an echo command which you didn't get (otherwise you wouldn't have pointed to "savecore").

Are you sure nobody has fiddled with the startup command scripts in /sbin/init.d/?

We recommend that you do no change those scripts. If there is a need to additional things, we recommend that you add a new script and link that to the appropriate /sbin/rcX.d/ directories.
Yong_7
Frequent Advisor

Hi Qing,

I have something here for you.
send me a message to dickjiao@hotmail.com

regards !

YJ