7205 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

system monitor tool issue in HP-UX 11.31

ranin_das
Advisor

system monitor tool issue in HP-UX 11.31

Hi All,

As per customer requirement, we need to collect  data to analyze the server performance stats.  Sometimes they need previous dated data related with performance.  From community, I see that glance is the tool for that.

So how to get glance file.

So is there any other tool  for HP-UX 11.31 like as nmon ? 

I have application CD with BOE and VSOE CD packet. 

So please suggest  how to solve reported issue.

Regards,

Ranin

2 REPLIES 2

Re: system monitor tool issue in HP-UX 11.31

If the system has VSOE installed, then you probably already have Performance Agent installed and ru8nning. You can check by running:

ovpa status

assuming you get a response from that command that indicate the product is installed and running its very straightforward to collect data using the extract utility. Here's an example:

Create a file called /tmp/perf.cfg and add the following lines to it:

DATA TYPE GLOBAL
DATE
TIME
GBL_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL
GBL_MEM_UTIL
GBL_DISK_PHYS_READ_BYTE_RATE
GBL_DISK_PHYS_READ_RATE
GBL_DISK_PHYS_WRITE_BYTE_RATE
GBL_DISK_PHYS_WRITE_RATE

Then Run the following:

extract -xp -g -r /tmp/perf.cfg -b FIRST -e LAST -f /tmp/perfdata_$(hostname).out,Purge

That should create a file called /tmp/perfdata_<hostname>.out containing sample data for every 5 minutes for CPU and memory utilisation, plus disk throughput and IOPS.

From memory I think the file /var/opt/perf/reptall lists all the different options for perf data you could specify in the report configuration file.

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
ranin_das
Advisor

Re: system monitor tool issue in HP-UX 11.31

Hi Duncan,

I was outside of office for a long time.

Thanks for your response.  

BOE OS is installed under VSOE. So I need to collect performance(utilization:CPU, memory, HDD) in real time and also historical data from BOE.

As per HPE site, we can do it using glance.  So please share the link to download  glance as trial version.

I think, I can get it from HP-UX APP CD using codeword, pls confirm. If I can manage codeword.