4530 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: tftpd[13877]: Extended logging enable

motorello76
Occasional Contributor

tftpd[13877]: Extended logging enable

Hi All,

I have some problem with tftpd and sometime this did not work writing in syslog.log the messagges below:

tftpd[13877]: Extended logging enable
tftpd[13877]: No control message received.
tftpd[13877]: Timeout (no requests in 10 minutes)

But doing the lan trace with nettl I can view the WRQ package that arrives on the system.

The configuration of tftpd service is ok (also because that fails only 1 time on 6 ).

In inetd.conf I have:

tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/lbin/tftpd tftp -s -l -R 60 -T 120 /opt/ingnite /var/opt/ignite

In inetd.sec I don' block tftp.

I don't understand why sometime tftp fails, do you have some suggestions?

Many Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

Why do you think there is an error here?

Do you even use tftp?

Everytime a tftp connection arrives, inetd starts up a tftpd process. The message above says that tftpd has not received any connections for more than 10 minutes and it exits (timeout). Next time a connection comes in, a new tftpd is started by inetd.
motorello76
Occasional Contributor

I think that is an error because doing a trace on the ethernet of server (with nettl) I can view the WRQ that arrives on the system, so I think that tftp service don't look at this WRQ.

This is strange and I don't know if can be and bug of tftp on my server.
TTr
Honored Contributor

What are you trying to upload and with what client? Do you need to add any paths for the upload?

Have you tried a download and did it work?

Have you checked for any tftp patches for your OS version? What OS is it?
motorello76
Occasional Contributor

Is HP-UX 11.23 , do you know where I can find information about the patch and the issue fixed?

The download works and I need add the path for upload.

Thanks a lot!
TTr
Honored Contributor

There is a patch, PHNE_39668, but most of the fixes in it are for bootp. Try installing it in any case.

http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?patchid=PHNE_39668&sel={hpux:11.23,}&BC=main|search|

Also use the tftp client and run some tests. Use the "verbose" option to see what kind of responses you get from the tftpd service.

Try the tftp client from a remote server and also try it locally from within the server. If you don't get any errors locally but you get errors from a remote client, you may have network issues.