Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1752297 Members
4553 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

the valid user cannot login in

??_56

the valid user cannot login in

the common user cannot log in system but can telnet.It did't report any error.And the
root can login
4 REPLIES 4
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: the valid user cannot login in

What version of Tru64?
Which username?
What type of authentication (C2/base)?
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
??_56

the v4.0f

the detail is:
the user "a" and "oracle" local login failed,and no error.but root can,then su - a is ok.
When su - oracle is success,reports "xlib:connection to 192.168.0.1 refused by server. xlib:cliend is not authorized to connected to server.
/usr/bin/x11/xhost:unable to open display"

I had delete the /etc/.AM_is_running because
my account management is locked.

thanks
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

This will not answer if C2 or base security will be used.

The XLIB messages depend on the login script. It seems the login script contains the startup of an X11 application not authorized on this display. Use xhost + and the call su - oracle.

the login will be rejected or is the login going on and hung? You have not exactly explained what is going on, is it more like "my car doesn't work"...

If the login hang after entering the password, most likely the login script is incorrect or contains a terminal statement like stty which is not interpreted by the login screen.
Check what login shell will be used and check the login scripts (remove it for tests).

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
??_56

Thanks for great supports!
When the oracle user and any other user local login.It's repeat the login process,no any error and no hang.