New Discussion юеВ

Re: tru64 box content

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

yesterday I installed the os on a ds20. When it came to the worldwide language support and it requested the associated products cd 1, I inserted it and it complained, that it is not the right CD.

So my question is still open.

thanks for any idea,

Michael
Greg Yates
Valued Contributor
Solution

Michael,

This is a known problem (known to me as of today :).

You can contact HP Services for a replacement APCD1.

The workaround is to perform the base installation in English, then perform the Worldwide Language Support installation. Once this is complete you can change the language default setting.

Thanks.
Greg
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Greg,

thanks for your answer. Since I did not get any satisfying answer here, I opened a call with HP. Is that the cause, you heard from it? I installed another machine today and with the APCD1 of 5.1B it did not complain. I just hope, it is ok. Do you know the reason for that. I still have to add the subsets for another machine. As Ralf uses to say, RTFM, I could dig through it, but maybe you could give me a hint how to do it quickly. BTW, are you the future moderator of this forum?

thanks,

Michael
Greg Yates
Valued Contributor

Michael,

I remembered this thread and saw an internal memo today that triggered my memory. :)

I believe the reason it worked when you installed from a V5.1B (no "-1") is that the V5.1B + APCD1 combo was correct (volume label-wise). The problem as I understand it is that the mount of that CD fails, because the logical volume label does not match what the installation procedure expects. In other words V5.1B + APCD1 is good but V5.1B + APCD1 (from V5.1B-1 kit) is not.

I realize this is confusing. But the OS CDs are the same (regardless of whether we're talking about the V5.1B kit or the V5.1B-1 kit). The thing that's different is the APCD1. The APCD1 that comes with the V5.1B-1 kit is updated and apparently has a different logical label, thus the problem.

I hope this helps.

Oh... and yes, I am/have been a moderator/facilitator. There are several of us. I just haven't been very vocal. ;)

Greg
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Greg,

I could resolve the issue by mounting the APCD1 and using wwinstall to add the German subsets.

thanks,

Michael