4918 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

up2date then psp?

randy_108
Advisor

up2date then psp?

I am running rhel 3 and psp 7.6
I am just trying to get a handle on best practices. If I run up2date, do I need to or should I then install psp 7.7?

Is it necessary to always install the latest psp after an up2date?

This is going on 4 BL20pG3

Thanks
Randy
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: up2date then psp?

I think that you should check the PSP documentaiton and identify if there is a list of supported kernels.

It's always good to have your software updated, so, after up2date, unless there are some "incompatibilities" between the product and your kernel, you should update PSP also.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Find out what versions of psp currently supported by PSP vendor.: same way check with Red hat which versions are supported on the current RHEL version/kernel .

Support to the OLD versions are always a problem.
Adithyan
Frequent Advisor

Hi Randy,

Up2date helps you to get module updates from Redhat, But once if you install PSP Important modules like NIC modules and all are over written by the PSP.

You have to make sure in the PSP doc that certain modules are excluded. It will be always painful for the vendor to trouble shoot with a third party module.(In case of Redhat support).

Regards
Adithyan
Keen to learn HP UX
randy_108
Advisor

would it make more sense to update the psp first and then run up2date?