108760 Solutions
New Discussion

using Vmedia to install HP-UX remotely using local ISO image

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paolo_c
Valued Contributor

using Vmedia to install HP-UX remotely using local ISO image

I've previously used vMedia to install local IOS image, on my laptop,  onto a HP blade  (running OpenVMS) and was wondering whether the steps I've summarised below, would be similar for presenting/installing O/S to a HP blade running HP-UX B.11.31? . I came across a HP article (see link below) which detail how to present DVD drive containing HP-UX ISO (Inc  adding DVD drive as a boot option) but I already have the ISO images on disk and so was wondering whether its possible under HP-UX to present the ISO directly to the respective Server (remotely) by running Web Start under the ILO3 , browse to the local image file and click on connect,  login to ilo 3 MP then select CO, select EFI shell from  EFI boot manager and from the shell environment type reconnect -r ,  map -r (to rebuild list of known devices that have a bootable EFI system partition). However Im  not sure whether the ISO would appear as a bootable EFI system partition ?   (ISO similarly presented under vmedia to blade running I64 VMS  would have the following bootable EFI system partition :  Shell> fs0: \efi\boot\bootia64.efi 

https://docstore.mik.ua/manuals/hp-ux/en/5992-5309/apd.html?btnPrev=%AB%A0prev

2 REPLIES 2
Akumar4
Established Member
Solution

Re: using Vmedia to install HP-UX remotely using local ISO image

Yes, You will see  "Shell> fs0: \efi\boot\bootia64.efi"  when HP-UX iso isassigned as vmedia in iLO3.

Paolo_c
Valued Contributor

Re: using Vmedia to install HP-UX remotely using local ISO image

thanks for the feedback.