108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: using iso

SOLVED
Go to solution
navin
Super Advisor

using iso

Hello , I have downloaded a software to install on a hp box. The software came in iso format (xxxx.iso) . Can some one tell what is the exact procedure to make use of the iso image using pfs_mount .Thanks.
Learning ...
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

As far as I know, it is not possible to mount an iso image in HP-UX.

I believe you will have to create a CD/DVD from the iso image and then mount the CD/DVD to do your install.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Move this ISO image to a Systems with a RW drive (maybe a windows workstartion) and burn this ISO image to a CD and use it.

http://iso.eng.frendz.ch/

http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

Just do a google on how to burn the ISO image to CD / DVD

Hope this helps.

regds
Ramaprasad N
Honored Contributor

Transfer your ISO image to a windows system (you desktop/laptop/any PC). There are plenty of freewares available, to extract the ISO images (like MaigcISO). Extract your ISO file on windows. Zip it using Winzip and then transfer (FTP) the same to your Unix server again. Unzip it there (using unzip, again a freeware) and the contents will be extracted (similat to tar command). Then you can install the software from the extracted directory.

-Ram
navin
Super Advisor

Hello ,I really appreciate you for taking time to reply with useful tips. I was able to burn the image (roxio) and make use of it.Thanks.
Learning ...
navin
Super Advisor

Closing the thread.
Learning ...
Antonio Cardoso_1
Trusted Contributor

Indeed, ISO images CAN be mounted on HP-UX. I do that frequently on my 11.11 servers:

- nfsd must be running
- then copy your iso image file to some temporary location, and:
touch /etc/pfs_fstab
/usr/sbin/pfs_mountd &
pfsd 1 &
pfs_mount -t iso9660 /tmp/myfile.iso /tmp_mnt

moreover, if you have rockridge enablement patch (PHCO_25841 or superseding), you can also mount rockridge images with:
pfs_mount -t rrip /tmp/myfile.iso /cdrom