1753464 Members
4706 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vPar and Windows in single nPar

Atindra Ghosh
Occasional Contributor

vPar and Windows in single nPar

Customer having two nPar and each nPar having six vPars. Now Customer wants delete one vPar. After deteletion of that vPars some resource will be available. Now Customer want to install windows on that free resource.Is it possible to install windows on that free resource. if yes, then how? As per my understanding we need to create separate nPar and then on that nPar we can do windows installation.
6 REPLIES 6
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

Vpars are only supported in HP-UX environment, so you cant install windows to vpar but you can install to npar.
Atindra Ghosh
Occasional Contributor

That mean we need to create a seprate nPar first, then only we can install windows on that nPar.
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

yes... Look at the npar admin doc:
http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-1247B_ed2/index.html

The IA64 version of Windows 2K3 and 2K8 run either in their own nPar or in a Integrity Virtual Machines VM guest on a VM host.

But as a VM host needs to be its own nPar you'd still have to do something with the other vPars in the nPar.

So no easy answer I'm afraid.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The answer is no and not possible.

Vpar environment will not support Windows.

You may need to have a separate Npar and install windows.

If you dont have an option for new Npar, you can do one thing .

Use this Npar as a HP VM Host and install all required OS on as guest. Again the Npar should be dedicated to the HP VM Host Machine.

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can't install Windows into vPars, but if you have HP VM Host Machine then you can install Windows.

Suraj