108811 Solutions
New Discussion

/var/spool/compaq/cma.log files is filling very fast

bullz
Super Advisor

/var/spool/compaq/cma.log files is filling very fast

Dear Friends,

H/W:- HP

I can understand that, this log is something related to monitoring. But, I really don’t understand that why these logs are filling this rapidly
I searched it in a forum, and can able to understand to some extend that, there is some package/firmware need to be upgraded.

If you had faced the same issue earlier, please comment on this.

Also let me know the rpm of the package, which need to be upgraded.

/var/spool/compaq/cma.log

netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:675 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:659 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides_get()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:276 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_create()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:196 netsnmp_access_interface_index_find()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:675 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:659 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides_get()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:276 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_create()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:196 netsnmp_access_interface_index_find()
3 REPLIES 3
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

Re: /var/spool/compaq/cma.log files is filling very fast

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1225862

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1340292

Answer in above threads and solution is to upgrade PSP or stop the daemon till you upgrade.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
bullz
Super Advisor

still not clear about upgrade procedure.
Gerardo Arceri
Trusted Contributor

Simply install the new PSP it will automatically upgrade any existing packages, use the instructions provided on the package.