1753770 Members
4810 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vintela breaks sam's user tool

Paul Wasik
Frequent Advisor

Scott, I've verified I still have odd behavior with large group names. we have also upgraded vintela to 3.5.

the issue with our implementation is that our Active Directory has a large number of very long named groups. I think HPUX can't handle the long names.

Oh - so the issue is that the groups in AD are long, not that they are in /etc/group? We might have that situation.

Do you have a workaround or do we really just have to live with it? (I can open a cse with HP but I am guessing that won't go very far). We can also try opening a case with Vintela. We are also on Vintela 3.5

Scott

11.31 can handle long usernames - see this technical paper:

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-4118/longusername_white_paper_updated.pdf

11.11 ceratinly can't... 11.23 I'm not sure about - there appears to be a man page for lugadmin on docs.hp.com:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B3921-60631/lugadmin.1M.html

But I can't find it on my 11.23 system, neither can I find a patch that mentions it... maybe someone with an up-to-date and patched release of 11.23 can comment on whether it is there... of course whether SAM will work even with this add-on is another matter...

HTH

DUncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Paul Wasik
Frequent Advisor

I had worked with both vintela technical support and HP's. I don't recall th exact results but it came down to "live with it". vintela and myself work through a troubleshooting session confirm vintela was not the issue, we found that (really stretching my memory here) multiple groups of a certain size groupname (like 33 characters) would cause the issue. In working with HP, although we approached the issue differently, but we found about the same.
Paul Wasik
Frequent Advisor

close