1753785 Members
7583 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vmmgr Authorizations

Univer_1
Valued Contributor

vmmgr Authorizations

Do you know if the virtual manamagement tool, VMMgr allow me to set detailed vm guest limitation on users account? For example create a user account and limit them to only be able to create say 3 vm guest. How to achieve it?

Thanks a lot & Best Regards
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

It works in co-operation with lots of up to date patches and other O/S utilities like SIM and SME. At the very least, up to date diags.

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=VMMGR
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Univer_1
Valued Contributor

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your info. I did setup a VMMGR v4.1.1.107 with SIM 5.3 Update 1 on HP-UX. However, I cound not find the function to manage the resource for each account. Do you know more details about how to achieve it?

For SME, is it a typo for SMH?

Thanks a lot
Univer
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

http://docs.hp.com/en/T8669-90041/T8669-90041.pdf

you can use the wizard option?
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Univer_1
Valued Contributor

Hi Michael,

Yes, I can use the Wizard. However, this document and Wizard seem to be useless for my question. I did read this document thoroughly. And I also read the HP SIM and HP VMMgr installation and administration documents.

Maybe I asked a wrong question. It might be how to achieve it in HP SIM, not vmmgr, since, as I know, vmmgr do not have authorization functions. All rely on SIM's authorization. However, the authorization is based on toolbox in SIM. I could not find tools or toolboxes exist to support it. I can create new toolbox with new custom tool. However, custom tool is based on command. If I want to create a script to manage resource limitation. I should know the API for accounts and a basic database for what user created how many VM guests. And it seems to be no interactive executing supported. The custom tool can only output the results. So it seems to be very hard to achieve this goal.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot! & Best Regards
Univer