5505 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vpar upgrade

utku
Occasional Advisor

vpar upgrade

Hi gurus;
i've a 3 vpars environment on superdome integrity sx2000 running 11.23 enterprise OE with vpar version A.04.03. i want to upgrade 2 of them to 11.31 with A.05.xx. as i read from vpar admin guide, i just can do it by "update-ux" utility which destination should be a depot which should include both 11.31 OE and vpar A.05.xx. it can't be done via any media (OS or vpar media). and for this i have to create a golden image first via ignite which should include same O.S release (11.31 enterprise) and vpar version bla bla bla...is there any easier way to do this upgrade?
3 REPLIES 3
utku
Occasional Advisor

if not, can i create golden image by OS media?
utku
Occasional Advisor

and in vpar admin guide it says for upgrade from 11.23 to 11.31 "When choosing the OE, you should select the same OE that your virtual partition is running." and for HP-UX 11i v3, the possible OE bundles are;
HPUX11i-OE Foundation OE
HPUX11i-OE-Ent Enterprise OE
HPUX11i-OE-MC Mission Critical OE
it says also, but i've 11.31 march 2009 media and it includes data center, high availability, virtual server and base operating systems. is there any of them correspond to enterprise operating system or should i get a 11.31 march 2008 media...?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If you browse the forum you will find some thousands of threads where most people suggest a cold install instead of upgrading 11.23 to 11.31. Consider this.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!