5068 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: wget installation on hp-ux server

mrk_1
Frequent Advisor

wget installation on hp-ux server

Hi

I've download wget depot file from http://hpux.connect.org.uk.
I followd below procedure to installe wget.

1.downloaded wget-1.11.4-src-11.11.tar
2.untar the above file.
3.Run config file.
4.Run make install file. After runing the install file, I am getting the below error.

Can any one help me for this.

cd src && make CC='cc' CPPFLAGS='-O -I/usr/local/include' DEFS='-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSYSTEM_WGETRC=\"/usr/local/etc/wgetrc\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\"' CFLAGS='-O -I/usr/local/include' LDFLAGS='' LIBS='' DESTDIR='' prefix='/usr/local' exec_prefix='/usr/local' bindir='/usr/local/bin' infodir='/usr/local/share/info' mandir='/usr/local/share/man' manext='1' install.bin
cc -I. -I. -O -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSYSTEM_WGETRC=\"/usr/local/etc/wgetrc\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -O -I/usr/local/include -c cmpt.c
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: "sysdep.h", line 132: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "sysdep.h", line 135: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "size_t".
(Bundled) cc: "sysdep.h", line 135: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "sysdep.h", line 135: error 1573: Type of "size_t" is undefined due to an illegal declaration.
(Bundled) cc: "wget.h", line 191: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "xmalloc.h", line 60: error 1506: Parameters allowed in function definition only.
(Bundled) cc: "xmalloc.h", line 61: error 1506: Parameters allowed in function definition only.
(Bundled) cc: "xmalloc.h", line 62: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "size_t".
(Bundled) cc: "xmalloc.h", line 62: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "xmalloc.h", line 62: error 1573: Type of "size_t" is undefined due to an illegal declaration.
(Bundled) cc: "xmalloc.h", line 63: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "xmalloc.h", line 64: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 39: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 41: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 42: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 43: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 44: error 1506: Parameters allowed in function definition only.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 45: error 1506: Parameters allowed in function definition only.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 47: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "_Bool".
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 47: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 49: error 1761: __non_sequential keyword not supported on HP-PA systems.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 48: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 49: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 50: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 52: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "log.h", line 53: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "cmpt.c", line 122: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "size_t".
(Bundled) cc: "cmpt.c", line 122: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "cmpt.c", line 122: error 1573: Type of "n" is undefined due to an illegal declaration.
(Bundled) cc: "cmpt.c", line 125: error 1600: Type clash on initialization.
(Bundled) cc: "cmpt.c", line 1263: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "cmpt.c", line 1301: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "cmpt.c", line 1332: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Many Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

I bet you didn't notice the "build time dependencies" and "run time dependencies" did you?

WGET will not function with the appropriate dependencies. You must first get these and get them installed before you attempt to install WGET.

Build-time dependencies: db expat gdbm gettext libiconv make openssl perl

Run-time dependencies: db gdbm gettext libiconv openssl perl expat

All of these are available from the Porting center. Just be aware that some of the above dependencies may also have dependencies.

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

The problem lies in the message "cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored."

You are attempting to use the 'bundled' C compiler that comes with HP-UX. It works for simple C code and kernel relinking but little else of value.

You would need to license the HP-UX C compiler :

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B9007AA

An evaluation copy is also available (see the link at the bottom of the URL above).

However, for that matter, there are pre-built binaries for 11i at the Porting Centre site from which you got the source!

Regards!

...JRF...
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Save yourself some headache and download the depot file from the same location, appropriate to your OS version. Unless you are a hardcore developer, I found running make quite daunting to compile source code that you have not written yourself.

> You would need to license the HP-UX C
> compiler :

Or use GCC.

> Save yourself some headache and download
> the depot file from the same location,
> appropriate to your OS version.

That's fine, unless you want to enable some
build-time options which the depot-maker did
not.

> Unless you are a hardcore developer, I
> found running make quite daunting to