5420 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

what dissimilary do they have?

scstone
Occasional Advisor

what dissimilary do they have?

hello everyone.
I'm prepare to install HP-UX,but what dissimilary do i do not know that of the following operating environment have?
a.HPUX11i-OE HP-UX 11i Operating Environment
b.HPUX11i-OE-Ent HP-UX 11i Enterprise OE
c.HPUX11i-OE-MC HP-UX 11i Mission Critical OE
d.HPUX11i-MTOE HP-UX 11i Minimal Technical OE
e.HPUX11i-TCOE HP-UX 11i Technical Computing OE

thanks a lot.
4 REPLIES 4
Binu_2
Advisor

Re: what dissimilary do they have?

Hi

The following lists the currently available HP-UX 11i v2 OEs:
├в ┬в HP-UX 11i v2 Foundation OE (FOE) ├в Designed for the demands of Web servers, content servers and front-end servers, this OE includes applications such as HP-UX Web Server Suite, Java, and Mozilla Application Suite. This OE is bundled as HPUX11i-OE.
├в ┬в HP-UX 11i v2 Enterprise OE (EOE) ├в Designed for database application servers and logic servers, this OE contains the HP-UX 11i v2 Foundation OE bundles and additional applications such as GlancePlus Pak to enable an enterprise-level server. This OE is bundled as HPUX11i-OE-ENT
. ├в ┬в HP-UX 11i v2 Mission Critical OE (MCOE) ├в Designed for the large, powerful back-end application servers and database servers that access customer files and handle transaction processing, this OE contains the Enterprise OE bundles, plus applications such as MC/ServiceGuard and Workload Manager to enable a
mission-critical server. This OE is bundled as HPUX11i-OE-MC.
├в ┬в HP-UX 11i v2 Minimal Technical OE (MTOE) ├в Designed for workstations running HP-UX 11i v2, this OE is provided at no charge and includes the Mozilla Application Suite, Perl, VxVM, and Judy applications, plus the OpenGL Graphics Developer├в s Kit. This OE is bundled as HPUX11i-MTOE.
├в ┬в HP-UX 11i v2 Technical Computing OE (TCOE) ├в Designed for both compute-intensive workstation and server applications, this OE contains the MTOE bundles plus extensive graphics applications and Math Libraries. This OE is bundl
scstone
Occasional Advisor

thanks.
how i am can hnow which operating environment was installed ?
Con O'Kelly
Honored Contributor

Hi

An swlist will show you which operating environment is installed:
# swlist -l bundle

Cheers
Con
scstone
Occasional Advisor

I get it.