7119 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: where is install on hpux 11.23 DVD?

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

where is install on hpux 11.23 DVD?

Greetings
I have rx6600 with VOE. I have created vm and am trying to install hpux 11.23 from media. I have tried version june2008 - but it hangs during the install (I have tried it several times - I dont have problem with 11.31 installs). I think it may be the media, so I am trying version june2007. I see the EFI menu on startup, but there is no install command to start the installer. Where is it? MAP command shows fs0, fs1, and blk devices. BTW - is there a way to clear the display in the EFI interface?
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

There installation is triggered by booting from the DVD. There's no "install program" per se. From the EFI menu, boot from the DVD and your installation should start.
Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

I do not see a boot from DVD option in EFI, though there is a lanboot command.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

The option won't be "boot from DVD". There should be an option to search for bootable disks. One of the results should be the DVD.

If this were PA-RISC, the command would be 'sea ipl' which would return a list of bootable disks. I do not know what the equivalent is for Itanium in the EFI.
Jestin John Chacko
Regular Advisor

Dear Dave..
if you have created a virtual machine, just select the cold reset in the efi menu for the hpvm guest

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

After seeing the MAP output from someone elses install, I noticed that I had no DVD entry, so I did an IN from the MP interface, and reset the vm, then MAP showed DVD entries. One of these worked - though there was no advanced option interface in the install to configure vg00 volume sizes etc....
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

During installation the system boots a special kernel "IINSTALL" for installation.
Normally you only need to autoboot the media to get it started.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!