108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: x11 forwarding?

SOLVED
Go to solution
fizan
Super Advisor

when i connect via x-manager through my desktop it throws error as :failed to start the ssh-agent server!! and it asks to check the log messages, so i just tailed the syslogs it shows as Sep 26 13:15:37 Hpux1150 sshd[6387]: Could not reverse map address 192.168.1.103. so i added the 192.168.1.103 in the /etc/hosts , so now also it shows same error as failed to start the ssh-agent server!!
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

You can't start the xserver on the hp-ux system, correct? Check your /etc/rc.log for both ssh and cde.

Also, is there a ip lookup in x-windows that substitutes the hostname and then, say, writes the hostname in the title window.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
TTr
Honored Contributor

> X11Forwarding yes
> X11DisplayOffset 10
> X11UseLocalhost yes

You must also uncomment lines in the ssh client on the rx2660 server in the ssh_client file.

ForwardAgent yes
ForwardX11 yes
fizan
Super Advisor

in rc.log nothing is found out regarding ssh and cde logins, how to overcome this error?
fizan
Super Advisor

You must also uncomment lines in the ssh client on the rx2660 server in the ssh_client file.?

in which path the file is located to edit and wat details should be uncommented in that file?
TTr
Honored Contributor

I mistyped. It is the ssh_config file.

ssh_config: ssh client config file
sshd_config: ssh server config file
fizan
Super Advisor

in server side i have edited as u said but in client side how to perform it on the server itself the client file exsists or in the client machine?
TTr
Honored Contributor

The ssh_config is edited on the rx2600 also. Then you go to your desktop and you try to connect using x11.
fizan
Super Advisor

still it shows the same error i have stop start the secsh service once also
TTr
Honored Contributor

> when i connect via x-manager through my desktop it throws error as :failed to start the ssh-agent server!!

> still it shows the same error...

Did you check any logs on the desktop? What are you using on the desktop as x-manager? Does it have an ssh client available?