New Discussion юеВ

xhost

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

xhost

Hello
I know it is a stupid but how can I permanently disable Xauthority? It is a great security problem but customer wants it. They do not want to do xhost + after reboot. OS is V5.1B-3.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
8 REPLIES 8
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Re: xhost

I guess you could do that in root's .profile.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

xhost + only remains until the next X11 server restart. I think, you set it permanently with dxhosts.

greetings,

Michael
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I think that is configured in /usr/lib/X11/xdm/xdm-config. See man xdm for the authorize option.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

usually CDE interface is used. I wonder if this setting would be applicable for CDE as well...
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

That's why you should use dxhosts.

Michael
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I think that this is what you need:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B1171-90102/ch01s06.html

Yes, CDE is the default, I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor

Vladimir,
You can disable security completely on the Xserver. I don't recommend it unless you know that your system is completely isolated away from the outside world.

You can edit the /var/X11/Xserver.conf file, go down to the bottom of the file and locate the lines that read like this:

args <
-pn
>

Modify it to add the "-ac" switch.

args <
-pn -ac
>

Then save the file and restart CDE using
/sbin/init.d/xlogin stop
{wait 30 seconds}
/sbin/init.d/xlogin start

See the Xdec man page for information about the -ac switch and other switches to the Xserver.

Otherwise, you can use the dxhosts tool for disabling Security on the Xserver, or allowing specific systems access to it as well. See the man page for "dxhosts" for more information.

Cheers,
Rick Retterer
HP Services
Graphics Support
- Rick Retterer

Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyboby!
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster