New Discussion

Re: Auto ftp and vms

SOLVED
Go to solution
abrsvc
Respected Contributor

I think that the folowing statement from teh AutoFTP Manager site says it all:

Let your PC move or synchronize files between PC to FTP Server, PC to PC, and FTP Server to FTP Server, automatically according to a schedule.

This product was meant for PC to server activity. Unless your OpenVMS system looks like a Windows PC (which it doesn't), it won't work. While I'm not sure if the underlying engine is AutoFTP, the sources for that are available on-line. It appears to be a Java application written in 2011. A quick glance at the source convincesme that OpenVMS specific code would be needed for this to work. The code assumes Windows style directory/folder specifications.

Dan
Eitan Ram
Advisor

Thank you Dan.
I thought maybe someone install this software and use it to transfer file to Vms – so he can share his knowledge.
Eitan.

Jess Goodman
Esteemed Contributor

One possible solution is to use the HGFTP server instead.  It accepts unix filespecs.

http://vms.process.com/scripts/fileserv/fileserv.com?HGFTP

I have one, but it's personal.
Peter Barkas
Regular Advisor

One approach might be to make OpenVMS behave a bit more like a Unix host.

For example, using GNV BASH as the default environment for the account that is to be used with AutoFTP.

Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Eitan Ram
Advisor
Solution

Thank you all.

The  support of Auto ftp replied at last – they said that they plan to release a version which will connect to vms.

Regards, Eitan.