1753465 Members
4966 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Please Help- Licenses expired - unable to login

Paul Goslin Rae McCarth
Frequent Advisor

Please Help- Licenses expired - unable to login

We have 3 Alpha servers all running VMS (one @ 7.3-2, and two @ 8.2) that have had licenses expire - preventing us from logging in... I have downloaded the new license PAK from DSPP site, and was able to FTP them over to each box, so the ftp/tcp-ip license is still valid, but I can't login, either remotely or on the console to apply the new licenses... ??
6 REPLIES 6
Heinz W Genhart
Honored Contributor

Re: Please Help- Licenses expired - unable to login

Hi Paul

you should be able to login on the system console at least at user system.

Otherwise you could do a conversational boot of one of the machines. But try first to connect a terminal or a laptop on the system console and to login there.

Regards

Geni
Paul Goslin Rae McCarth
Frequent Advisor

I have a laptop running Hyperterm connected to the serial port on the back of the machine, but login attempts on that also fail... Guess I need to do the conversational boot option...
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Paul,

Look at the whole answer by Geni: connecing from the console, you should be alble to login as user SYSTEM (and no others).

hth

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Paul Goslin Rae McCarth
Frequent Advisor

When I attempt to login as SYSTEM on the serial console, it fails with Licenses Terminated !
Paul Goslin Rae McCarth
Frequent Advisor

Was finally able to do a conversational boot and get to a command prompt where I was able to run the new license script... All is well now... I really need to setup reminders to renew these before they expire because this is a big PITA....

Closing thread....
Paul Goslin Rae McCarth
Frequent Advisor

See my last post..