1752790 Members
6022 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 558 pages of rubbish

Greg_221
Occasional Contributor

558 pages of rubbish

Has anyone here attempted to read the HP Systems Insight Manager Help Guide found at http://www.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/sys-book.pdf it is absolutely painful and convoluted.

Does anyone know of any more better documentation. I would like to have others in my company use HP Insight Manger but I don't want them to go through the same pain I have to set it up, and manage it. I also don't want to once again have to write a manual for a third party product.

4 REPLIES 4
Scout Bender
Occasional Advisor

It opens correctly with Adobe Reader 6.x. If you still have problems reading it I can email the file to you (gmail?) if your email server cannot handle large messages.

scout
Greg_221
Occasional Contributor

I can open and read the PDF fine, I am talking about the content. Its the content I have a problem with. For example, discovery is burried deep on page 353, come on, what are we supposed to manage and report on if the devices are not discovered first.

In addition the Table of Contents is not split up into easily identifiable chapters, one must highlight or mark the end of one section and the beginning of another.

Finally the section called using Tasks is only 20 pages and does not tell you anything more than what you can see from staring at the web interface of the product, it points out the Run Now, Edit, and Delete buttons.

Simply amazed,
Greg
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The Installation Guide covers this off in a more step by step manner.
The Help Guide is a reference for all aspects of HPSIM.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Greg:

If you are interested in providing direct feedback to the product manager, QA manager and the document writer and participating in a concall, send a note with your email address and contact information to me at firstname dot lastname at hp dot com.