Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753865 Members
7631 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Anyone know how to URL redirect on SIM?

PT_3
Advisor

Anyone know how to URL redirect on SIM?

I have added an entry on my DNS server so when I type in sim.xxxx.com in my web browser it resolves to my SIM 4.0 server. But the problem is that SIM uses port 50000. I need to do a URL redirection on the SIM webserver but I don't know what webserver does it use (Tomcat?) or how to do it.

For example, before with my CIM 7.2 I would type in cim.xxxx.com and it would resolve to my CIM server. Since CIM uses IIS I would just go to the Home Directory tab in IIS and put in "https://cim.xxxx.com:50000" to redirect the URL.

If anyone knows how to do this within SIM please let me know. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Insight Manager 7 does NOT use IIS to provide HTTP services. Your example worked because IIS caught your URL and redirected it to another one. You might as well use the same technique to have it redirect to http://www.hp.com.

The same technique you used with IM7 should work with hpSIM.
PT_3
Advisor

I rather not install IIS on my SIM server if I don't have to. Do you know why SIM uses for the web service?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Your only option is to do so, or do I what I do, which is to leverage the Links bar in Internet Explorer.

What you need is something that listens on the default HTTP port of 80, and the embedded HTTP server in hpSIM is designed to not interfere at all with that port so it can co-exist with IIS or anything else that may want to use that port.

If you don't want IIS on that server, you can accomplish the same thing on virtually any server that is hosting a web site. You'd have to do it slightly differently, creating an HTML page named default.html that leverages the HTTP-REFRESH meta tag to do the re-direction for you.