Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748112 Members
3455 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Automatic Event Handling 'You are not authorized to access this page' HP SIM 7.6

thegeist
Occasional Visitor

Re: Automatic Event Handling 'You are not authorized to access this page' HP SIM 7.6

Also have this issue, here are my specs:

Does anyone know if there's a fix yet?

SQL (bundled with HPSIM)

Operating system: Windows Server 2012 R2      

Version: Systems Insight Manager 7.6.0 - Windows      

Build version: C.07.06.00.00r76rc05      

Build date: 2016-11-29 07:00

CurlyHP
Advisor

Andrew

The only difference is that you had version 7.5 installed and upgraded with hotfixes whereas I did a new install to 7.6.

As I have the server available I may try a fresh 7.5 install + hotfixes and see if it is different.

It may be a few days before I can try this.

I will keep you informed

AnnaSIM
Advisor

Hello , 

Facing the same problem with a new installation of 7.6 

I can't edit my events, getting the error "You are Not Authorized to access this page".

Even though I'm using the user i have installed the hpsim with all the authorizations and created the events.

User has full administrative permissions. 

following here to see if there is solution. 

CurlyHP
Advisor

Ok

My workaround worked. Fresh install of 7.5 followed by August 2016 Hotfixes and then upgrade to 7.6.

Am able to create and edit Automatic Event handling tasks at will

Hope this helps

david coote

We also have this problem. Did you lose data with the uninstall/reinstall of SIM?

SWHarper

Had the same problem that everyone else was describing when I had done a fresh install of 7.6 on a 2012 R2 server.

Fixed my issue by going to Options / Security / Users and Authorizations ... and clicking the "Authorizations" tab.  There, I found my initial default user ("Administrator") with Full Rights Toolbox to CMS systems, but there was also an entry for the same user with "Limited Rights" Toolbox to the same group.  I clicked the box at the beginning of the line that granted the first user to the "Limited Rights" Toolbox and DELETED it.  Now I can setup e-mail alerts/notifications with no error.

LOOKINGFORWARD

Dears,

This problem is solved now!

Please follow this link to download the Nov17 Hotfix Update Kits for HPE System sInsight Manager 7.6 (Nov 2017).

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04271436

Hereafter you can find as well the release notes describing the problem is fixed:

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-windows/p2023798967/v143150/SIM76_hotfix_2017_Nov_win.txt