9233 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: CIMNOTIFY service fails

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

I just edited the post, you only seem to update the Management agent, that is without reboot or any other hickup on your server. Once you configured the EXE file does that work. Also look at the other post reply in this forum about SIm of agent emailing.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

ok, so in this case, do I need to install the below components in the following order:

1. Enable Windows Server Features SNMP Service and SNMP Provider.
  2. HP System Management Controller
  3. HP Insight Management
  4. HP Insight Management  WBEM
  5. HP System Management
Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you update the SNMP agent, you use the SNMP version of the dataprovider if you update the WBEM agent you use WBEM as a source. HP is in favour of the WBEM version but both are supported. Wbem only work on WIndows servers and later ESX versions. If you use Linux you can only use SNMP, most devices can only use SNMP (V1).

Using the SNMP agent you need to configure SNMP local and remote for the SIM server.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Ok, so in this case I can just focus to install the WBEM provider for each Proliant servers and no need to worry about configuring the SNMP at all ?

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. after I manually install the WBEM provider in all of the servers, does the HP SIM can automatically scans the server within the particular subnet to report if there are any faults daily ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Correct, the server will continue to run just fine, it's a monitoring tool nothing more, as long as you dont' pusch firmware or drivers you will not interrupt your services...

Once you configure WBEM you need to set subscriptions from SIM. SIm scans for changes but you will never get events from scans. Events are created when events are received. When you set subscription you tell your server where to send events to in case of errors like broken disks...

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

ok, is there any quickest way to deploy WBEM for all of the servers in the specific subnet ?

or do I have to manually install it one by one specific to each server model ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Yes you can run a repair job to you selected servers. To run this select the servers,go to Configure > Configure or Repair Agent frum the menu, in the first screen you can select any extra servers, click next and select Install WBEM / WMI Provider and next.On the next screen select Create subscription to WBEM events and if you don't want to use an admin account for discovery also select Configure a non-administrative account for HP SIM to access WMI data.

If you have older servers like DL 380 G4 or older install an older WBEM agent from menu option Deploy > Deploy Drivers, FIrmware and Agents > INstall Software and firmware and select an older WBEM agent from an older PSP baselines if you uploaded this older PSP.

Kind regards,

Andrew