Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748130 Members
3677 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Consolidating Server hardware event to be reported by HP SIM and send out alert by email ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Consolidating Server hardware event to be reported by HP SIM and send out alert by email ?

Hi All,

I'd like to achieve these tasks but not sure if it is possible or not:

1. When there is hardware fault or event status change, alert once from HP SIM only so not to double the email alert from HP Agent running on each servers.

2. The email report is instantaneous rather than picked up / fired after the scheduled IP scan.

How to do that to make sure that the alerting email I received is not doubling up from HP SIM and from HP agent ?

I have done the following steps as standard:

1. Enable SNMP features in Windows OS

2. Install HP WBEM Providers v8.5 up to v10 as per HP SPP 2014.09

3. Install HP Insight Management Agent v8.5 up to v10 as per HP SPP 2014.09

4. Configure email alerts to be sent to svcdsk@domain.com for any server events.

5. Install HP System Management Homepage (SMH) as per HP SPP 2014.09

Note: All of my HP servers ranging from HP Proliant ML 110 G4 - G8, DL 360 - 380 Series G4 - G7 and also BL 465c G7 - G8 all running Windows Server 2008 R2 up to 2012 R2.

Best regards,
1 REPLY 1
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Consolidating Server hardware event to be reported by HP SIM and send out alert by email ?

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, the event get triggered by Reading the servers status, so if an agent or server gets restarted you will get the event.

The second, this is not a report but an email that was triggered by an event, when i get an event WBEM or SNMP i get the event within 30 seconds. If you don't you should check the traps directory in the SIM installation directory if there are a lot of events that could be the reason you get your event later than normal.
Kind regards,

Andrew