108792 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 GEN 9 VMWARE ESX SNMP Monitoring

Unlisted
Advisor

DL380 GEN 9 VMWARE ESX SNMP Monitoring

Post originally by GDENG

Hi everyone,

I am working on a system that holds multiple HP DL380 GEN 9 serves operating on a VMWARE -ESX OS. I want to be able to monitor the different status from the server through SNMP, some status includes:

• Cpu utilization
  • Memory utilization
  • Storage/disk utilization
  • i/o utilization
  • network utilization
  •  Fan & PWR supply alarms

I have seen information on downloading and installing the HPE Systems Insight Manager (SIM) into the server and updating the MIB bundle kit for monitoring. Howerver this utilities can only be download for Windows, Linux or UX operatng systems.

Is it possible to install the SIM and bundle kit into VMWARE? is there another method to enable SNMP Monitoring?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 GEN 9 VMWARE ESX SNMP Monitoring

Hello,

The SIM software is only available for WIndows and Linux. If you only have Gen9 server you could also look at Oneview. Monitoring of hardware can be with default SIM performance is not a default feature. This is a seperate package that needs to be boughtNot sure if that also work for ESX as we use an other product for that.

SIm is only hardware monitoring by monitoring the ILO for ILO4 servers. There is an image available with the HP drivers and agents.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew