Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748102 Members
5125 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Default Username and password??? Fresh HP SIM 7.5 for Linux. Install Successful...

Asdf51020
Occasional Contributor

Default Username and password??? Fresh HP SIM 7.5 for Linux. Install Successful...

Hello,

Successfully installed SIM 7.5 for linux.

Website works just fine. I have no idea what to log in as! Is there a default username / password?

I tried using root / password (what I use to login to linux), didn't work. Is there a way to manually add a user?

I tried creating a new user and adding the user to wheel (admin) agroup. Could not log in.

The machine is not part of a domain. Do iI still have to specify a domain? I tried localdomain\root , but it still did not work...

Should be an easy one, but I can't find the answer!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Default Username and password??? Fresh HP SIM 7.5 for Linux. Install Successful...

Hello,

You should use the user that you used to install the software of the local afdministrator account on the server.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Asdf51020
Occasional Contributor

Re: Default Username and password??? Fresh HP SIM 7.5 for Linux. Install Successful...

Hello,

As written in my original post, I tried:

Username: root

Password: password

This is what I used to install the package, and is the only user on the machine...

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Sorry missed that,

The root account should have worked. If i look at the mx commands you should be able to use mxuser to add users.

The manual can be found here for syntax http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/cliguide5.pdf#page99
Kind regards,

Andrew