Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748214 Members
3258 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Deploying HP Open View Agents ( OVO ) and Performance Monitoring Agents ( OVPA ) via HP SIM 5.2

Robert Babayan
Advisor

Deploying HP Open View Agents ( OVO ) and Performance Monitoring Agents ( OVPA ) via HP SIM 5.2

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know or have done this in their production enviorment,whether we could deploy HP Open View Agents ( OVO ) and Performance Monitoring Agents ( OVPA ) via HP SIM 5.2 console ?? Is this possiable ? If it is, how ?? We want to start using a Windows 2003 server to deploy all the HP OVO / OVPA agents to our Windows NT 4.0, 2000, 2003 servers. Any help would be appreciated !

Cheers,
Regads,
Robert
1 REPLY 1
Robert Babayan
Advisor

Re: Deploying HP Open View Agents ( OVO ) and Performance Monitoring Agents ( OVPA ) via HP SIM 5.2

Thanks Fred,

We have a HP Openview based on HP-Unix.. I was told by our Unix team that they will need some sort of Windows proxy with admin account which has admin access to the client servers where you want to deploy the OVO agents. I manage HP SIM 5.2 server which is sitting on a Windows 2003 servers so, I thought I ask the question whether we could use HP SIM 5.2 console to deploy this OVO agents.

Thanks very much for all the details and your assistance will look into it.

Cheers,
Robert