1751876 Members
5461 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Download and updating HP SIM 7.3 and 7.4 to version 7.4.1

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Download and updating HP SIM 7.3 and 7.4 to version 7.4.1

I have 2 hp sim servers, 1 running 7.3 and 1 running 7.4.

So i was going to update 7.3 to 7.4 so they were consistent, but after a google i've found a PDF for HP SIM 7.4.1. So i've tried to download it, and I can't find 7.4.1 to download anywhere? Does anyone know where i can download it?

Does anyone know if there is there update option from within HP SIM that i've missed?

I noticed there was a hotfix for 7.4 which i've installed on my 7.4 thinking this is what maybe makes it version 7.4.1 but in the about page its still showing the same version 7.4

Also does anyone know if yto upgrade from version 7.3 to 7.4 if i just install 7.4 over the top and it keeps the database?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Download and updating HP SIM 7.3 and 7.4 to version 7.4.1

Hello,

The 7.4 version is the latest, there is only one hotfix and yes you can upgrade to 7.4 . The installer will see the previous version and can complain about the SQL versino if you use a 2008 SQL remote server. It will update the binaries and update the database shema. There is an issue with updating and reports you can use from SIM but if you don't use that function you should be ok !

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

whats the issue with updates and reports? 

As i do sometimes try to use the reports, but i'm still setting HP SIM up, so its not quite as good as i'd like at the moment.

and by updates do you mean for using VCRM, because thats something else i still need to look in to.

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

When i updated from an earlier version of SIM and selected the General resport i got a invalid collum error.

This is true for me when updating from 7.0 to 7.1, 7.1 to 7.2 and above.

The VCRM, OpenSSH and Pegasus WMI mapper are usualy all updated as they have contained some security issues lately.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Pootch
Frequent Advisor

I could not upgrade from v7.3 to 7.4

There was an issue with the CM, not writing any data into the CM.

Allthough the DB connectionw as ok.

I had to do a fresh installation of 7.4.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

That's a shame...

Kind regards,

Andrew